Translate

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving!

So it looks as though I seem to have writer's block these past few days...which is probably due to the fact that I started writing this on a Friday night and I haven't had a beer in who knows how long.
Anyways!  While Tiff was here, we were also able to go to a nearby village and hand out some of the other items we were able to bring.  We were lucky enough to do some door to door deliveries on our own...which reminded me of my pizza delivery days....although I felt a lil bit safer here in the villages.  :) 
The most patient kids ever
 
Again, a huge thank you to Melody of Life for their generous donation to Copprome.  The kids were ecstatic and loved the t-shirts...even if some of them were a lil too big for their tiny little bodies :)

Harry pretending to be a ghost :)
Los ninos
Although they don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, they sure did this year! Thank you to my parents who were able to give the kids an amazing Thanksgiving dinner.  We picked up some KFC for them and they went nuts when they found out what we were having for dinner.  I also made them all go around the table and say what they were grateful for....which was not only the cutest thing ever, it wuz also the slowest thing ever.  :)   I only heard one kid say they were thankful for me, not sure what's up with that but I guess I'll take it :)
 
Never thought I would be so happy to have KFC for Thanksgiving :)
 


Thanksgiving art project :)












I think they're getting hungry

These past few weeks have entailed a lot of nail painting, bingo games, and possums.  The other night, I'm not quite sure how it happened, but at one point there were two kids giving me a pedicure and one girl giving me a manicure.  I seriously felt like I was at a spa...except for the fact that there were 15 kids running around screaming my name, it was about 90 degrees, and my head wuz itching bcuz i think i might have lice ....but hey a free manicure and pedicure?  I'll take it. :)

The other free, not so hot item, was a possum that we found in the boy's bathroom!  Long story short, it wuz super creepy and that poor little thing didn't last too long.  RIP little guy. 

 I finally brought out a Halloween bingo game for the kids, and of course (since I'm so popular) they wanted me to play and call out the cards.  Which I was more than happy to do until I realized I didn't know what any of the pictures were in Spanish.  Needless to say, after 3 hours of standing up calling out bingo cards, I now know. :)                            
Longest bingo game of my life



















 Not sure what this says about my relationships here, but my BFF here is a 5 year old. :)
She doesn't speak English, repaints my nails EVERYDAY, and sneaks into my room when I'm not looking, but she's my little shadow and I love it.  :)


Me and Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment