Translate

Thursday, July 3, 2014

English Speech Competition



I guess when having an English speech competition it would make sense that the only native English speaker there would be the judge…aka me.   At first I was nervous that I was just going to pick my favorites no matter how good or bad their speech was…but don’t worry, that didn’t happen.  The speeches were amazing and their English is so unbelievably good, especially the older kids.  


Judges Table


Prashna -Class 3 on the topic of "My Mother"


  










  The topics of the speeches ranged from "Why is Science important?" to "The importance of the English language" to "My family" and "My mother."  The little kids got quite nervous and some of the them could only spit out a few words,  but it was an awesome competition followed by some Nepali dances and the guys doing some break dancing. They requested me to do a song, but I kindly refused since I'm not on tour right now.  :)

Awshika class 3
Class 3 girls a little nervous for a singing performance :)
I've tried to add a few videos since it helps to get a better picture of some of the kids.  Hope these work....and enjoy!  The Kids are SUPER cute and the videos are only about 40 seconds.  :)

Class 3 girls Dance:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7HSHYEVr0Q&feature=youtu.be

Class 10 guys break-dancing:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N8meha6Y8U&feature=youtu.be

Little tikes gettin' low
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Je1Bfh1Yxg&feature=youtu.be

Another event we recently had was a science fair.  Even the little kindergarteners participated...which was probably the cutest thing of my life.  They had a few different types of leaves on some paper and told everyone what types of the leaves they were.  Awesome.  Their favorite were the mango leaves. :)

Don't mess with them...they mean business
The first graders showed us a plant and a plastic bottle of coke explaining that the little plant can eat, drink and breath and the coke bottle cannot.  Hence a living vs. non-living thing. 
 
Class 1 - Living vs. Non-living thing
The older kids did their project on things like the periodic table, atomic elements, amoebas and a few other things that I definitely do NOT remember from high school. Yikes.  But go them...

They had real slugs. So gross.
Wish I remembered this stuff




No comments:

Post a Comment