Translate

Monday, March 31, 2014

Namaste :)



I’m pretty sure I am meant to be in Nepal right now bcuz my whole travel day to get to this place was AMAZING.  I met my new friend Don on the plane from Paris to Istanbul, and he invited me to be his guest in the Turkish Airlines lounge while we waited for our connecting flights.  My flight actually got delayed 4.5 hours, which was amazing, bcuz I spent 6.5 hours in Istanbul in an amazing lounge with free wine, beer, Turkish food, olive platters, and there were even people walking around with cheese carts.  I would have to say this was definitely the best delayed flight of my life….I was even hoping to be delayed longer, BUT….no such luck. :)

Don and I in livin it up in the Turkish lounge
Sooooo, the electricity here in Nepal is pretty scarce.  It's not unusual to be eating in a restaurant and all of a sudden the lights go out and ur eating in the dark.  And no, it's not easy.  But weird enough, it's actually normal.  Walking into a coffee shop, asking for a cappuccino, and being told to come back in an hour when they have electricity and their machine is working....is also "normal."   :)  And when you see washing machines going, tv's working, vacuums running, you know the electricity has finally come on for a few hours.  :)


When I was in Kathmandu I met a guy who writes the travel guides for Nepal…so I was lucky enough to walk around w/an expert on Nepal for a few hours and he showed me all the little secrets of the city.  But there aren’t really many road signs in Kathmandu, so in order to find your way around, well, u just gotta keep walking until you see something that looks familiar and then go from there.  Everyday I eventually just stumbled back into my guesthouse pretty much by accident. :)

Streets of Thamel
 



Mules taking the "secret" passage through r guesthouse :)


I ended up doing a trek in the Annapurna region of the Himilayas and was lucky enough to catch some pretty amazing views.  As well as a ton of stairs.  And by a ton, I literally mean thousands of stairs. So, yes that wuz a great workout to say the least.  I also accidentally saw a few chickens getting killed....and then saw that the specials on the board for dinner that night were all something with chicken. Not surprised.  :) To say that the food is "fresh" here is definitely an understatement.

Sunrise on Poon Hill
View from our room in Ulleri

The stairs we faced allllll day long.  And the woman who carried way more than we did.


The kayaking, meditation, sunrises, and sunsets here are also so far pretty stellar.  :)

Kayaking on Phewa Tal





Sunrise on Sarangkot



No comments:

Post a Comment