Translate

Monday, March 17, 2014

Bonjour from Paris!

Contrary to all popular belief, the French have been MORE than welcoming, kind, and helpful to me during my stay in Paris.  I'm not sure if it's because I always looked like I needed help, always looked lost, or maybe they just felt bad for me, but the French were actually OFFERING their help to me.  Or maybe everyone just liked my French accent or something.  :)
Apparently it's unheard of for some of the Parisians to help out travellers, but from what I've experienced they were extremely welcoming.

Eiffel Tower jump for my bday :)
Montemartre art district


 I was lucky enough to spend my bday in Paris and not gonna lie, it was a pretty stellar day.  Another traveller I met from Indonesia that day gave me a bookmark to remember her by and for my bday...or maybe she was just hinting that I should be doing some more reading...I'm not quite sure.  But either way, it made my day. :)
The best part of the day though, without a doubt, was celebrating with Audrey's family.  They totally surprised me with pizza, cake, champagne and even sang happy birthday.  EVEN in English.  :)  I can't even begin to say how amazing the French hospitality is.  But maybe they are just trying to bulk me up before Nepal. :)

Celebrating my bday with some Frenchies :)















My roommate for the week could not have been more welcoming and lovely.  Mrs. Fluteaux didn't speak English and I didn't speak French, but we spent our nights chatting on Google translator, using a dictionary, drinking wine, and burning incense.  It made for some pretty great nights.  :)

My roomie and I a little frustrated with the google translator :)


Moulin Rouge!




























I know I've already said this before, but the French cuisine is STILL amazing.  Even for bbqs, there was still cheese, baguettes and wine.  Always.  It would really suck to be French and lactose intolerant.  If that was the case, I think that person would starve.  I am OBSESSED with the cheese here.

Sunday French bbq with the fam :)



Bff from Paris :)

 After a week in Paris, having the best weather ever, free public transport bcuz of a pollution problem, awesome friends and nights out, and an AMAZING French family, time to head back to Asia and eat some more rice.  :)  Au revoir!

Enjoying a little streetside drink w/Benji :)



Night out in Paris!

1 comment: