Translate

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sunsets! :)

The sunsets of Kamisu are one of the things I looked forward to EVERY weekend here....even in winter when the sun was setting at 4:30pm and I was freezing my booty off.    The park across from my house has a small little hill which couldn't be more perfect for watching a sunset.  Which is why I was always surprised there weren't more people up there enjoying the view.  More room for me I guess. :) But that being said, there were always the same people I would usually see every week.  And by people, I mean that I would actually first recognize the dog AND THEN the owner.  One of them being Friendy.  Friendy is a GINORMOUS Saint Bernard that could probably eat me in a second.  And that's not a joke.  His name is Friendy because he is friendly...of course.  :)  It didn't take me long to realize that many of the Japanese use English names for their pets.  Besides Friendy,  I also remember meeting a dog named July and a cat named Tuna.



Love these things
Friendy doing his duty!

































From the small little hill, on a clear day, I could see Mt.Fuji.  I've only been able to see it a few times but it was pretty cool considering it's about 200km away.



The sun and the clouds this past year have lit up the sky in ways I never could have imagined...I'm amazed at how completely different the sky was EVERY single night.  I think I probably took over 100 pictures of all the different sunsets...it was impossible not too because they were all ridiculously beautiful. 



The sunsets have been nothing short of Brilliant.... and I'm pretty sure all of them were just one of God's many beautiful paintings.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment